Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Arm Issues

So I've lost some weight in my chest and it's making my life hell. You'd think it would make things easier . . . and in some ways, it does. I noticed it was easier to type on smaller devices today because of how my arms are sitting. However, the arm thing is also one of the problems.

Besides just the pain from the couple of falls I've had recently, my arms are hurting in other areas too. I realized today it's because their position on my body has changed. My arms used to sit about an inch higher and at a different angle. It isn't something people without significant weight really have to deal with. Your arms are just to the sides as they should be. My arms are still to the side, but lifted up and distorted in a different angle due to how my fat is distributed. That's changed now and because it means the general angle and position of my arms have changed, the adjustment is painful. Seriously painful.

Along with the shoulder rehab I'm doing, I'll do some for the rest of my arms as well. Just to see if I can help them to calm down about this. It may take a while, but hopefully, in a month or so, the pain will be gone.

I just want to remind anyone who is in the process of losing a lot of weight that it isn't always fun and games. There is pain involved, sometimes a lot of pain. Don't let it discourage you. Yes, it's rough. Sometimes it can keep you up at night. Just do what you can go get through those moments and remember you have goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment