Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November Box: Hair and Contemplation

I was talking to my roommate about the Sephora box thing and it's possible that I may stop the deliveries after the first of the year. I'm not sure yet. It isn't that I don't enjoy them, but samples last longer than one might expect. I'm getting rather overwhelmed with makeup. Beyond that, I think the box experiment has served its purpose. I know more about modern makeup now. I was distracted for a while. I enjoyed it.

I know I'll certainly keep it through December and possible until February because I would like to see what you get in the month of love. By that point, I'll make the decision about keeping or letting go. Now on to the box.

I was very happy when I got the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo as one of my samples. I've tried other dry shampoos before and never really found one I liked that much. I wanted to see what something more high end could offer. Perk Up is 22$ for 5.3 oz. It's certainly more expensive than the ones I've used before.

Was I impressed? Oh yes. Perk Up used a natural rice starch for oil absorption. It's lighter than some of the starches used by other dry shampoos so it isn't adding a thick weighty look to your hair. Even better, it isn't leaving a white residue that you have to brush forever to get rid of. I felt like it had a lot of staying power. My hair looked good for quite a long while. The scent is subtle. Your hair smells clean and fresh, not overwhelming like it's trying to hide something.

A lot of people are icked out at the idea of dry shampoos and feel people should just wash their hair more often. I'm sure for some people that is perhaps the way to go, but for others, it just really isn't. Sometimes daily hair washing isn't practical or even possible. In my case, my hair gets oily only hours after washing it. Having a dry shampoo to help things out is beneficial to me.

Would I buy this product? Oh yes.  I would say this is one of the products I was hoping to get samples of and I'm quite pleased with what I received. I'm hoping to keep this sample for as long as possible because I really love this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment