Monday, November 13, 2017

Winter Prep

One of the ways that my roommate and I connect is in that we were both raised with the principles of Depression Babies.  I don't mean people who depressed. I mean our grandparents, who lived through the Great Depression. Some of their ways of living really impacted us and as people who live on a very limited budget, it's helpful.

Today we got to really channel those ideas. My roommate is a genius when it comes to finding food sales. He found a lot of stuff for a very good price. When we got home, we portioned it out and put it in the freezer. It sets us for quite a while and helped to decide the menu for holidays.

It felt good to get the winter food stock in order. It felt good to bag things up and put it away. I know that one of the reasons it feels that way is because of how my grandparents would have reacted to the situation. My roommate did well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment