Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

I've had a nasty sinus headache for hours now. It didn't put much of a damper on the holiday, but it did on my ability to focus and concentrate. The holiday itself was good. I mainly say that because my roommate and I spent it cooking. Making Thanksgiving dinner in my grandmother's kitchen always makes me think about her and my mom. They didn't get alone and Thanksgiving dinner was always a mess because they would snipe at each other, but it somehow all worked out. It's odd, the things you miss about people.

Anyway, I guess this Thanksgiving is about me being thankful for the brief lives that touched mine. My grandparents, my mother, my cats and dogs I've lost over the years. They're gone, but they're still with me. My roommate and I talk fondly about our ghost cats. I love that because it keeps the spirit of them alive.

I'm also thankful that I didn't have to go anywhere today because I am tired and in pain. Sometimes staying still is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment