Sunday, December 17, 2017

7 Days

In honor of it being seven days until my birthday, I am going to post about seven things that get on my nerves. I'm not going to suggest anyone should have to stop these things, but just to state facts about how much they annoy me.

1. I hate it when people are gone from social media for months, but when they show back up, all they do is post about political crap. No "Hi, I'm fine." No "Hey, hope you guys have had a good few months." Nothing personal or friendly or warm. Just bullshit about politics.

2. I hate it when people on social media make a big production about how they're going to leave social media. They write these massive posts about it. They hover around their post to see who responds. They respond to everyone by restating all the crap they just said in the op about why they are leaving. Oh, kicker? Nine times out of ten, they never really leave.

3. I hate it when people know others are trying to get stuff done, but keep distracting the situation with their inane babble. Six nights a week, people on the game I play try to accomplish a task.  It takes time, effort, and organization to do this task. Also six nights a week, several assholes show up to destroy the whole process and call attention to themselves. We hate them.

4. I hate it when you tell someone you don't want to talk about a subject and they keep bringing it up. I met someone a few months back who is very politically active. I told him I did not want to waste my time discussing politics. In the most refreshing turn of events, he respected that and we never do. It's nice.

5. I hate it when people try to turn things romantic. I think as a people, we'd do well to err on the side of 'no one finds me attractive' and then learn to be super peaceful about that fact.

6. I hate it when people try to shame others about food. What other people decide to eat is their business. Keep your opinions to yourself. If you don't want to eat it, fine. That's you. What they want to do is THEM.

7. I hate it when people complain about stuff that other people do but then turn around and do that exact same thing. With this in mind, I will try my best not to do all the stuff I just listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment