Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Faves: Various stuff

So this is just a big hodgepodge of stuff I enjoyed this year. Once you get past episodes, things get broad. Media has changed a lot so that also makes this a stranger list. For instance, when I was younger, I could have probably always told you a favorite album of the year. That's less likely these days, though I did I have a favorite album a few years ago. Two of them, in fact.

Favorite Thing I did with Music: I finally started making playlists on Youtube. At first, I just did some short ones. Then I did a fairly long one for my roommate's Halloween party. Sometime after that, I started one I called Obsessions and started throwing songs that I have adored from time to time on there. Whenever I remember another one, I add it to the list. It's long and meanders all over the place and I really enjoy having it in my life.

Favorite Comic: The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. This was recommended by my roommate and he was quite right to do so. Archie comics don't have a frequent publishing timeline, but when they do, man can they put out some good stuff. This isn't your Melissa Joan Hart Sabrina. These witches are cannibals and into dark magic and pacts with demons. It's glorious.


Favorite movie: The Martian. This actually surprises me because I wasn't that into the idea of this move when it first came out. I loved it though. Even though it focuses mostly on one man stranded by himself, it says a lot about humanity, our ability to unite, and how amazing we can be when we all try. It was very uplifting without being cheesy. I like it when movies can do that.


I think that's enough for now. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. I'll reflect more on the year itself then.

No comments:

Post a Comment