Sunday, February 18, 2018

Black Liner Run

I've been in a very nostalgic mood with my music lately. The thing is, usually, this means music from the '80s or 90s. Not this time. I've been listening to music from about 10-12 years ago, which, scarily enough, was about 2006-08. It's crazy that it's been so long since then, but in its own way, that was a really good time for music.

It started when I heard Death Cab's "Soul Meets Body" on the radio one morning. I got really excited about it, even though, in retrospect, it's totally the theme music in Quinton Coldwater's head. Since then, I've started relistening to VAST and She Wants Revenge.

SWR is such a great listen because some of the songs are so captured at that certain time. My title "Black Liner Run" is about people falling in love on AIM and not knowing if they can ever meet, the excitement and dread of that whole scenario.

That was a weird time for me. I was out of work, fighting for basic options, very screwed up because of my sleep apnea, like to the point where I would just fall asleep without any control over myself for hours on end. I don't even remember a lot of these years, other than being depressed and scared, living in a cold trailer and having this music to console and amuse me. 

It's nice to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment