Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Indoctrination of Pleasing

I've not really talked much about the #metoo movement or anything doing with all of the things coming out of it. I've not shared my own experiences on Facebook or whatever because I don't feel the need to do so. I've felt a lot of anger about this, especially because so many people seem so willing to blame victims, make it about us versus them, and backseat drive about situations they have never been in.

This article, however, really seemed to hit the nail on the head about the whole situation. While the author does discuss it in a male/female perspective, I believe she's doing so in response to someone else who did. It isn't just about men and women. This is about a society that pits the pleasure of certain people over not just the pleasure of others, but over the comfort of others. It needs to stop.

As one of my favorite drag queens recently said, sex is really no more than a getting a good meal. Is it really worth harming someone else just to be fed?

No comments:

Post a Comment