Sunday, February 11, 2018

Nails

If you read the blog (we'll assume you do), then you know I have an ongoing battle with painting my nails. I've always liked to have my nails done, but I've never been good at it. They always end up looking awful. In fact, a while back I let a 3 yr old paint my nails and they honestly didn't look that much worse than what I usually do.

Because of this, I've never really kept much nail polish around. However, at Christmas, I requested polish. My stepmother not only got me colors, but also a kit that contained base coats, good for your nail coats, and top coats. I'd never really messed with these and you know what? That was honestly half the problem.

My polish was usually off by the next day, peeling and chipping away in the most awful manner. But right now, it's been since Wednesday and my polish is still mostly in place. I have a couple of chips, but for the most part, it's all still here.

So really, one of the reasons I've been bad at this all my life is because I never bothered to really sit down and learn the proper steps to make it work. Now that I'm doing those, I can already see a difference. Who knows, with some practice, my nails may look great in a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment