Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Cat Update

Millie has finally stopped freaking out for half an hour when we come home. Before she would run around excitedly like she didn't expect us to return. Given that she was abandoned, this is understandable. The fact that she's not doing it suggests to me that she's gotten the idea that we will always come back home to her. That makes me happy. I want the kitties to be secure.

Tinkerbell, on the other hand, is used to nothing. She still hates Millie and hisses, growls, and screams at her any time the other cat comes near. It's sad because Millie LIKES other cats and wants to hang with Tink. In fact, at the moment, she's staring longing at her. Tink isn't looking in her direction and when she does, she still gets into Positions of Protest and stays there until the younger cat is out of her sight.

Camilla used to spend her evenings in my room in my basket of clothes. She was close enough to hear us talk and to look at my roommate, but she wasn't in the room with us. Now she usually hangs out on the floor at his feet or in the recliner near me. She's being part of the household group as a member of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment