Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Still Striking

Looks like the teachers' strike is going to continue. One of the Broken Arrow reps decided to throw a fit on his phone about how he would never ever vote for teachers again after seeing how they are behaving. Clearly, he's not happy with the idea of people not being grateful for the pennies his tosses in their direction.

My sister-in-law was at the Capitol today, holding signs and showing solidarity with the other educators. I'm proud of her. I'm proud she shows her kids that they need to stand up for what they believe in, even if it does make other people angry.

Some schools have called for no classes for the rest of the week. It's a little shocking this is happening, but I'm glad it is. My state needs to make a lot of changes and this is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment