Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Gift of Love

Yesterday the grass was mowed and none of us took it well. Milliecat wasn't feeling well anyway and just seemed drained after the mowing. I don't know if there was some smell she didn't like or if her time having to be an outdoor kitty and abandoned was making her feel bad. I could hear her crying some in the night. It breaks my heart.

I love that cat. I love Tink too, even though she still dislikes me. Love is something I think about a lot these days. I think about the love people had for me as a child. Before, when I was more depressed and my thoughts were more toxic, I would focus on the people who didn't love me. These days, that doesn't even matter. Why waste my energy on that instead of being grateful for the love I did receive? It's something I hope to give to the kids that I now adore.

I saw my best friend's daughter today. She wanted me to sing to her and it's funny how I always find myself singing songs to her that my grandmother sang to me. It's this continual spread of song, of love, from one generation to the next. I feel that I honor my grandmother by singing to this kid. It makes me deeply happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment