Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hazel

Last night we found out one of our occasional porch cats had died. When we first met this cat, my roommate dubbed him/her 'Meth Kitty' because there was a lot of twitching involved.

This cat would wander the neighborhood. Sometimes it seemed that she/he belonged to the neighbors, but we were never sure.

Eventually, we renamed the cat Hazel. She had beautiful long fur in various shades of brown. He also had a beautiful purr and stunning eyes.

My roommate, who is so good with animals, eventually got Hazel to trust us enough to where she/he would come inside for a bit, long enough to get a drink of indoor water or some petting. The cat never wanted to stay very long. Some attention and then he/she was headed toward the door.

I told my roommate today that even though Hazel never became a part of the household in life, she/he would now join the rest of the Ghost Cats and wander our rooms at will.

Rest in peace, Hazel. I hope you know you added to our joy and helped to comfort us after we lost the girl kitties. You were beautiful. I will never forget the feel of your fur or the sweet noises you would make. I will never forget how you had this issue with drooling or how Camilla hated you so much she would attack the windows when she saw you. I loved you a lot and I wish you a beautiful journey. Thank you for all you gave to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment