Saturday, June 30, 2018

Seasons

The first time I ever played Sims (back in the days of Sims 2), I killed off my whole family within minutes due to a fire starting in the kitchen. A few months later, I had the pregnant wife of a family die of starvation. Weirdly, even after like a decade, that death still makes me feel all crushed and awful inside. Over the years, I've gotten much better at keeping the little things alive. Sometimes I kill them on purpose. Sometimes I torture them with rough conditions (I usually just do that to Ron), but even then, I do my best to make sure they're alive.

However, Seasons is proving difficult for me. I've lost three sims this week and none of them on purpose. Two died in a fire. One died because I had him playing in a sprinkler and thought it was warmer than it was. I mean, it was Spring for crying out loud. I should have paid closer attention because he froze to death.

Seasons really changed the game here. When I got Jungle Adventure, I kept sims alive (even Ron), despite them getting poisoned and cursed every three seconds. At least I could always get them cures. There is no cure for freezing to death though. Nature always gets to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment