Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Endings

I have been playing a FB game for almost a year now. I quit last night, said goodbye to everyone, and left it forever. It was time.

I started this game in my grief process after losing the cats. I'd been playing another game and this one was a promo for stuff for that one. I liked this one a lot better and it did what I needed a game to do; it helped me to focus on something besides the grief.

Now my mind is drifting towards other things. I'm not going to pretend to understand why grief manifests the way it does. It's a new set of losses. September has changed several things for me this year. Now my mind is elsewhere and the game will no longer comfort me.

My grandfather's funeral is tomorrow. I'm going to try and put myself on autopilot and just get through it. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment