Thursday, September 13, 2018

Funeral

I made some preparations so that the funeral wasn't seriously difficult for me on a physical level. They worked out well, mostly because my brother helped me. On an emotional level, I'm more exhausted than I've been in a while. I had to talk to/be touched by a lot of people. I know they meant well, but it still took a lot out of me.

The Eulogy went well. I was complimented on it and on my hair. The rest of the ceremony was interesting because my grandfather was a Mason and they have a death ritual they do when one of their own passes. I'd never really seen anything like it before.

One of the Masons told me I was eligible to join Eastern Star, but I don't really see that being something that happens in my future.

It was a rough day. I'm thankful I made it through with as little damage as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment