Friday, September 7, 2018

Fan Joy

You'd think by my title I'd be talking about my joy at having fans ON, which, honestly, is a joy, but more than that, this is about the joy one can get from fandom.

And yes, you can also get hell from fandom. A lot of fandoms are toxic or have toxic elements. If one can avoid that and just focus on 'this makes me happy oh look it makes other people happy too' part of it, it can be so great.

Recently I've experienced this by listening to the podcast Race Chasers. Alaska and Willam are analyzing every episode of Drag Race, with commentary, background explanations, and even guests.

Last night I listened to their latest episode and Cazwell was the guest. I've liked his brand of in-your-face comedy gay rap for quite a while, but found him even more charming on the podcast. It was just so adorable to get to hear someone gush about their favorite show. It made me happy because, honestly, there is something so wonderful about listening to someone talk about what makes THEM happy.

Seriously, if you like a something, go see if someone is doing a happy podcast about it. It will do you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment