Sunday, December 23, 2018

Reflection

Tomorrow is my 45th. This has been a weird year. I lost family, gained a new cat, was enlightened to some things that shifted the way I saw a situation, and spent a good deal of time uncomfortable and in pain. Seriously, I didn't enjoy this year when I had to deal with the reality of my body or situation.

When I got to escape all that shit, it was pretty great. I found a wonderful yarn guru, watched some great shows, discovered some awesome bands, and proved a couple of interesting points to myself.

Oh. I also called the cops on a man beating his wife and was called a  fat ugly cunt. I laughed and laughed when he said that and delivered what I felt was a beautiful retort.

I'm not the same person I was at the beginning of this year. I'm not sure what to do with that yet and not super positive I'll figure it out. I mean, let's face it, I haven't fixed my life in 45 years. I probably won't do it in this one either.

What would l like out of this new rotation around the sun?

1. More Chinese food. I didn't eat enough of that this year.

2. Peace and quiet. In fact, I think the theme for my life from now on is a more peaceful, quiet existence. This is kind of difficult with a young cat.

3. I have some private personal goals that I will not state, but I hope to stick to them.

4. The accomplishment of more acts of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment