Sunday, April 5, 2020

Serendipity

So this is my thinking process as I work on the afghan. Most everything in this isn't yarn I purchased. Almost everything comes from stashes people gave me overtime. The yarn came into my life due to the generosity of others. Or, you know, because they needed to make space in their houses and know I'm a yarnslut. I didn't pick it out, and yet, I am transforming it into something I find beautiful, something that will keep me and mine warm and cozy for years to come. I know this to be true because I still have the first afghan I ever made and it's like almost 30 years old.

My cats are the same way. I didn't pick them out. They came into my life because they were abandoned and needed a home. I was able to provide that home. And yet now, these cats bring love and joy to my life every day.

The best parts of my life, the pets, the friends, the loved ones, have all been gifts given to me by whatever serendipity makes such things happen. I am very blessed and very loved. This is a good night for remembering such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment