Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Becky with her Mask Off

You know who I'm sick of? I'm sick of all the smug people on Facebook who think they know so much better than everyone else about Covid. The ones who have to post screeds about how they won't wear masks or get vaccines or gloves or social distance because this whole thing is a hoax and everyone who thinks it isn't is stupid.

I mean, let's pretend for a minute it IS a hoax. Why would you feel the need to smugly talk about how much smarter you are than everyone else and how you won't obey? You think that's taking a stand? You think that's making you look impressive? It isn't.

When I was in college, there was this guy who ended up in a lot of humanities classes with me. He was a non-trad who talked in class. A LOT. He answered all the questions. He challenged the professors. He was always, always, ALWAYS wrong. He also made D's on most of the tests and got mad about it. He would then try to argue why he should have done better. THAT GUY is who all these smug non-maskers remind me of.

And, you know, if it's a hoax, and they're right, no harm done, other than my eyerolling.

However, if it isn't a hoax and they're wrong here, the D's they'll be getting are death. And that is the worst kind of D's.

No comments:

Post a Comment