Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Yarn and Beauty

Yarn is a fascinating material. I was moving some balls of yarn from one container to another and thought about how beautiful all of that yarn is. I have plans for it. Maybe too many plans. It's all so lovely and I want to do so much with it. I always have to remind myself that looks can be deceiving when it comes to yarn. There are so many ways yarn can show beauty.

  • Yarn can be beautiful on its own. A lovely color and texture to the yarn that makes it attractive as it just sits there. 
  • Yarn can be beautiful when knitted. I had some ugly weird blue yarn someone gave me. I really disliked it. But when I knitted it, it showed the pattern of the knit so beautifully. It made me love that yarn.
  • Yarn can reveal beauty when paired with other colors. Sometimes there are hidden depths to the color. I have some yarn in my current project that is not attractive on its own, but when paired with other colors, hues in the dyes come through and make the yarn lovely.
  • Yarn can possess the beautiful quality of making other yarn more attractive. I think this is the neatest one. Sometimes yarn isn't all that remarkable to look at on its own, but it has this way of highlighting the beauty of other colors. It makes me really enjoy seeing what combinations I can put together to create that.
I'm near the end of my blanket. Things have been a little busy the last few days, so it will take me on into the week before I finish. I have really loved this project. It's kept me sane in a time of uncertainty and given me a lot to think about. Beauty is one of those things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment