Friday, June 25, 2021

Favorite Things

I had a couple of conversations with people today about doing things to maintain sanity. Right now, in the middle of all the stress of the world and the heat, it's important to work on keeping the brain chemicals in a good state.

Now mind you, for some folks, this can't happen with tricks and techniques. They need meds to keep things balanced. And honestly, even then, sometimes you still have to do the tricks and techniques. Sometimes, you have to do everything you possibly can to hold on.

One thing that helps me to is to remember times when I know I was flooded with happiness. I go and listen to the music that made me happy or I watch a movie that made me happy during that time. It helps to reset the brain. 

This is one of the reasons I'm glad my dad finally has a smartphone. He can listen to music or watch videos all he wants. It will help him to keep his own mental health in check. And he certainly needs that, as he's still trying to untangle the botched job my grandfather did with his will. 

Look, I know this time of year can be hard. Let's be honest and accept that all the times of the year can be hard. Do what you can to help yourself through it. If that means listening to the boyband you loved when you were ten, then so be it. No shame in that at all. Do what makes you happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment