Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Desk Issues

I need a new desk. The one I have now is old and starting to be nonfunctional. I need to reorganize my space and to do so, it would be helpful if I had a new desk. Finding a new desk is proving to be difficult.

Things I HAVE TO consider about a new desk.

Desk size: The desk is in my living room. It really can't be too big. At the same time, it also needs to be the right height. And depth. I really can't budge too much on this aspect of the desk.

Strong wheels: I have to be able to move the desk around, so I need it to either slide well or to have strong wheels. Not just those little plastic wheels, good wheels. Industrial wheels. 

Budget: As this is a daily use/long-term use item, I don't mind spending a reasonable amount on it. Reasonable is the keyword here though. Desks can get expensive very quickly.

Functionality: The desk needs to function for me. It needs to move, hold my computer and computer pieces, be sturdy, and not in the way.

Things I don't HAVE TO consider, but would still like:

Storage: I can get away without a lot of storage on the desk because I have other storage items, but more storage is always welcome.

Stylish: This desk is in the living room and I would like it to be attractive. This isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it would please me if I could have it.  

So, this doesn't, in my mind, seem like a long list of requirements. I've been looking for a new desk for almost a year though, and I have so far found NOTHING that meets my needs. Nothing. I've found some compromises that I was almost willing to make, but just couldn't bring myself to, but nothing perfect. Nothing anywhere even near perfect.

It's very frustrating. I would love to just design my own desk, but I'm guessing that would be way out of my budget. 

The search continues

 

No comments:

Post a Comment