Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Human Contact

I got to see my baby today!! It's been well over a year since I was able to hug my best friend's daughter. It's the longest I've gone without hugging her since she was born. 

It was wonderful, but it was also difficult. I'm still not good at being around people again. My body was really nervous about the visit and responding in all of its usual ways. At least I didn't get hives. 

In little kid years, 15 or so months is a long time. She's grown so much. Her hair texture has changed. She's taller. Most of her little-childness has melted away. I feel so robbed. I'm sure a lot of people who haven't been around their beloved kiddos in the last year feel the same. 

I'm really grateful I got to see her. I'm so thankful we both made it through this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment