Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Ending the Month

Looks like the end of July is going to bring with it very hot temperatures. This means we'll have warmer evenings and nights. That's never fun. At least it's the end of the month and closer, eventually, to Fall.

Speaking of the darkening of the year, I've been doing some more research on handling my Seasonal Affective Disorder. I think I did well last year. The SAD was still with me, but having light therapy helped. This time I think I'll add music to it as well. 

I think what helped the most with the SAD was that I worked on it almost every day. Some days I didn't, because I felt the light levels were good enough, but most of the time, the lightbox was with me for whatever half hour or so I could handle it. 

It's hard to say exactly how well it would have worked in a normal year. Last year was far from that. There were a lot of deaths. In my family, one death was prolonged and painful and the other one was sudden, shocking, and very jarring. Both of them wrecked me in different ways and I threw myself into fandom and denial to keep some sanity. For the most part, it worked. I'm thinking that the light therapy probably kept me out of Depression enough to be able to make that pivot into fixation instead of sinking into despair. 

Hopefully, this Fall will be easier and I can have a better idea about how well the therapy works without all the Extra that last year seemed to feel it needed to pile on top of everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment