Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Dune Movie Thoughts

They released new images from the movie. This is the first time I've seen the Baron and I think I'm pleased. I know he's supposed to be decadent and perverted, but he's also part of an elite breeding program. He's Paul's grandfather for goodness sake. Even if his body is bloated and messed up, the base of who he is should still be beautiful.

I love the font they use for the movie title. I like that it's basically the same curve in just a different direction (with one line through it for the E). I think that's rather fitting.

I'm still not sure about some of the casting. This isn't for whatever purity test reasons some Gatekeepers seem to have. I'm just not sure if some of these people have the magnitude of personality needed for these characters. I am sure about Jessica though. I've seen her work. I anticipate she'll do well. 

I also realize none of this matters because I'll probably love it anyway. That's just how I am with Dune. I get enchanted by the whole of what it is. 

October can't get here soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment