Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Life Landmark

My grandparents bought the house I now live in when I was in elementary school. Crosswise from their home is another rock house. All of these years, it has had a large tree in the side yard.....until today.

A few weeks ago, said tree was still alive. We don't know if it was hit by lightning or what but in the last 14 days or so, the tree completely died. The house is abandoned and has been for several years so the city removed the tree. Apparently, it was more damaged than we realized. It was so decayed on the inside that it came down without them even having to use saws on it.

This is sad for me. That tree has been part of my life landscape for decades. I'll miss it. Two of my other neighbors have trees in their yards that I love dearly and if anything happens to them, it will be heartbreaking. 

I don't know what happens to the spirit of trees when they go, but I hope that one finds a lovely new destiny. It will be missed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment