Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Moments of Happy

I'm still very much on this Ordinary Day kick.  It's been on my mind a lot, for a number of reasons.  I think a lot of it has to do with how for years and years, I could never find happiness in anything.  The people who were in charge of making decisions for my welfare and living environment didn't understand the concept of fostering the good in things.  I'm so happy I get to live in a home where drama isn't a constant.

There are moments in my day, in each day, when I feel complete happiness and/or relief.  The Moments of Happy are part of what keeps me sane and moving forward in life.  Today I want to acknowledge some of them.

I am filled with happiness, every day, when:

  1. I hear my roommate wake up.
  2. I realize I'm awake and will get to live another day.
  3. I think about how comfortable my pillows are.
  4. I get to hear cat purring.
  5. I see each of my cats.
  6. I say good morning to my roommate.
  7. I first drink water.
  8. I feel my teeth all clean.
  9. I realize nothing is horribly broken in the house.
  10. I get awake enough to realize I can still see.
  11. I am laughing so hard with my roommate that we both can't even finish sentences.
  12. I get to play my little distracting games.
  13. I get to say really crazy things and someone actually enjoys it.
  14. I don't get scary stuff in the mail.
  15. I get to read my roommate's blog.
And I know I have even more moments than those.  Those are just the ones I could think of at almost one in the morning.

Look, we all know that life is filled with the suck. Most of the time, it seems like the whole world is conspiring to make our lives miserable.  The best and possibly only way to combat this is with the things that make us happy.  All too often, we wait for something big to prove that to us (In my head, I just saw cake. What is it always cake with me?), but it doesn't have to be big.  We have great things happen to us every day.  Even if only in brief moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment