Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tinkerbell

This is Tinkerbell, a neighborhood homeless kitty and close friend of my roommate's. Tink used to have a home. In fact, her home was the same home as Alice's. The people who claimed her basically abandoned her about the same time they did Alice. 

Tink is fairly wild and it's taken my roommate all this time to get her to trust him. Tonight, he brought her into the house because it's cold and wet and she's finally starting to interact with him in a tame kind of way. We're not sure if she'll even stay inside the whole night, but he's going to try. I hope it works because I hate it when cats have to stay outdoors. If she can adjust to being an inside cat, she'll have a safer life.

This process isn't easy. The other cats are very curious about her and she's not interested in them at all. She's a fierce kitty and is used to warring for territory with other animals. There is no guarantee that she'll want to live peacefully with the other cats. Right now, the whole thing is very unpredictable.

It makes me nervous because I want Tink to have a safe home. I want her to have a family and a sense of belonging.  I want her to know she is loved. Mind you, I have no part in any of this yet. Tink mistrusts and wants nothing to do with me. That's okay though. Even if she never becomes MY kitty, I still want her to have a safe place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment