Saturday, August 26, 2017

Night before the Ending

Tomorrow is the season finale of Game of Thrones' seventh season. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the shorter season and now that it's almost over, I'm certain I'm not happy with it. This isn't even really a season with story arches and over reaching themes. Last season they were off of the books on almost all of the plotlines and it worked fairly well. In fact, last season has some of the best hours of television I've ever witnessed.

This season has just been about moving people into place for the finale. Because that was the focus, we saw little character development, awkward encounters, and illogical plot points. It honestly would have been better to end it this season after 14 solid episodes than to split it up into two seasons of seven. There just wasn't enough payoff here.

Oh well. This is all still coming out probably decades before the book version of the story will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment