Friday, October 6, 2017

Liquid Alterations

I honestly can't remember if I've mentioned in the blog that I've cut down on my caffeine intake. This wasn't a philosophical decision or something I did out of guilt. The level of caffeine I was consuming was making me jittery and unable to sleep. This was a HAVE TO thing, which, let's be honest, is pretty much the only time I can ever really alter a habit.

There are people who start removing caffeine from their lives and talk about how much better they feel. I'm not one of those people. This hasn't been HORRIBLE, but it also hasn't been pleasant. I've been experiencing a lot of annoying things since then that I can trace back to the caffeine reduction. I'm in more pain. I'm more irritable. I'm more tired. Do I get to sleep easier? No, not really. I'm having hot flashes on the regular (something I've not had to deal with in a while) and it's making my sleep kind of worse.

On the other hand, I'm not as jittery anymore. That's a good thing.

I'm guessing that in a few months, I'll be used to the caffeine reduction and start functioning like a normal me again, such as that is. For now, it's kind of awful. So if you decide you want to reduce your caffeine levels and it's kind of hellish, don't feel like you're the only one. Sure, some people are just GREAT after it, but that isn't all of us. You'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment