Monday, October 16, 2017

October Box: Droppers

Even though I wasn't that pleased with last month's box and too depressed/sick to even really talk about it, all of that has changed with this month's box. I got it a day early and love absolutely everything in it. All of it was for the face this month and, as my roommate commented, a lot of it came in neat packages. I also got some things in forms I've not really dealt with where makeup is concerned. For instance, I have two products that came with droppers. I'll be talking about those tonight.

The first product is COVER FX Custom Enhancer Drops and it's 42$ for 0.5 oz. I have to confess, I wasn't even sure what this was at first. It was this cute little shimmery bottle with a dropper. I opened it up and there was shimmery liquid inside. Come to find out, this is an intense highlighter. Now mind you, that is only because the shade I was sent was one of the highlights. My shade was Moonlight, which gives you a kind of silvery glow.

This stuff is amazing, potent, and addictive.  For one thing, it isn't like any other makeup I've ever used. My other highlighters were sticks and I just didn't find them all that exciting. THIS product is exciting. It really is much more like a paint. You have to be very careful with it because just the smallest drop can make a massive difference. That's also the problem. As much as I wanted to be prudent with it, I also did not want to. Highlighting with this stuff is fun and SO effective. It made me look like I had the BEST eyelids and gave me that little perfect spot on the tip of my nose. And what it did to my lower lip is almost sinful. I love this stuff so much and I will be so sad when it's gone. Maybe while it lasts, I can learn to use it without ending up looking like the Tin Man.

My next sample with a dropper was the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Skin Booster. If you want to purchase this, 0.4 oz will cost you 41$. Now if I'm not mistaken, this is the first serum I've been sent. Now backs ins my days, serums weren't (as I remember) really a thing. This is a newer concept in makeup, this idea of putting something on your skin that is as light and as thin as water. As our cameras have gotten better, and as more and more things are shown in HD, thick makeup has become an issue. We need to be able to layer things in people's faces without making it look bulky.

Actually, this product was specifically designed with HD (and higher) images in mind. Makeup artists (and regular folk) want to be able to have a lot of impact from their skin without tons of stuff on it. It certainly does that. It goes on like water and once you rub it in, it begins to plump your skin up and give it more life. I noticed the biggest difference around my eyes and the folds of my nose. These are challenging spots for many people and something like this can really make a difference.

Now in both cases, this is expensive stuff. You're paying over 40 dollars for less than an ounce in both cases. Is it worth it? I would honestly say yes, in both cases, but with this caveat: if you buy these products, you have to use restraint with them. This isn't old school makeup where you slather it on until you look better. They come with droppers for a reason. They should be applied one drop at a time and then consideration should be given before another drop is added.

That kind of consideration isn't something I'm used to where makeup is concerned, and I have to admit I kind of like the idea. For me, this is a new approach. It isn't just about doing the usual stuff and then only giving thought to how leaky my eyes may be. Thinking about makeup in terms of one drop at a time adds a new element to it. I'm looking forward to seeing how much I screw this up how well I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment