Wednesday, October 18, 2017

October Box Foundations

I think one of the reasons I've been so excited and happy about this month's box has to do with all the new types of products that arrived. I've not really gotten any foundation from my boxes. Lots of lipsticks and lotions, but no foundations or powder. This has been a little surprising and I have to say, I was really happy to get them.

The foundation I received was MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in Ivory. This is six shades from their lightest shade, Alabaster. Was I going to get more of this, I would probably opt for that. Then again, maybe not because this did match my skin tone really well. It's 43$ for 1.01 oz.

This is another one of those products developed for people who will be seen in high definition conditions. Because of that, it's formulated to be really light. I'm actually shocked at how light this is. I have some BB cream that I use most of the time and this is even lighter than that is. It doesn't look like you have makeup on. Rather, you just look like you have really great, even skin. Needless to say, this is a glorious product.

LAURA MERCIER Translucent Loose Setting Powder is the powder in the box and you can buy this for 38$ for 1 oz. I have a lot of issues with powder because it's one of the things that set off my sinuses. I have to be careful about using it near my eyes.  I also have an issue with it making me look darker than I want to, even if it's supposed to be the lightest shade. Because of that, I most often have to mix it with baby powder, which is actually worse on my sinuses.

With that in mind, I was marginally hopeful this expensive fancy powder would be better. It is. It's great! I didn't sneeze or eye water or anything with it. Given that I'm still recovering from being sick, that's kind of amazing. The powder is matte, and as much as I don't like that with lip coverage, it is something I want with my powders.

If I were in a position to where I needed to look professionally made up for long hours at a time, these would be two products I would certainly purchase. One of the problems I've always had with foundation is that it felt thick on my skin. This would cause me to start scratching at it and that isn't a cute look for makeup. Something as light as the Makeup Forever product doesn't cause me that problem. I could wear it all day and not even really notice it was on me. The powder is so easy to handle and doesn't cake up. I love that. I'm quite happy with these two samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment