Saturday, October 21, 2017

October Box Surprises

This box was a delight for the eyes. There were so many cute little packages and so many great colors. One of them was purple and I had no idea what it would do. When I found out, I was quite delighted. This happened to be the BECCA First Light Filter Face Primer. An oz of this will cost you 38$.

One of the unique features of this primer is the fact that the violet tint allows it to work with any skin tone. It goes on purplish but as it bonds with your skin, it becomes sheer. My roommate said he could still see it on my skin. Perhaps it takes a bit longer? Anyway, what I liked about it was its ability to color correct the brownness that happens around my eyes. The ginger and citrus in it give it a very fresh scent and I enjoyed that quite a lot.

Would I buy it? As just a primer, no. But as a color corrector, I think I would.

The biggest surprise in the box was the perfume sample. When I pulled it out, I didn't have high hopes. After all, CHANEL GABRIELLE CHANEL Eau de Parfum just didn't seem like something that would work on me. I'm just not the 105$ for 1.7 oz kind of person. I don't want to smell like some rich lady. especially not Coco Chanel.

I was so wrong. This perfume is wonderful. It's light and delicate, which actually works well with my body chemistry. It also lasts a very long time. I find it delightful. It has notes of jasmine, orange blossom, grasse tuberose, and ylang-ylang. Ylang-ylang is very fun to say, by the way. All of it works together to create this very smooth, flowing, clean, inviting scent that I absolutely love. It doesn't make you smell like some old rich lady. It makes you smell like her garden. And who wouldn't want that?

Even still, that is a lot of money to pay for a scent. However, in this case, it would probably be worth it.

So that ends my October box. It is bringing me a lot of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment