Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Editing

I've been quiet on Facebook for a while now and I think I'll stay that way. I'm playing some games and making some comments, but for the most part, I think it's best I just back away. It seems like everyone is so deeply mired in the negative right now. It's sad. It's like we can't let go of the darkness. We need to, we need to move on and live our lives, but it seems so very difficult for people. I was like that for a long time, but I'm letting go now. I can't change politics and I certainly can't change the political climate. All I can do is live through it as best I can. If I'm going to have the strength to do that, I can't let my mind dwell in the darkness.

On an unrelated note, I started putting away my summer clothes today. I also culled some undershirts that were well beyond any hope of holding together. I tend to keep those things around until they're so full of holes I have to tie knots in them just to keep some level of modesty. It's senseless to do that because I have other t-shirts.

I think we all need to really be careful about what we allow in our lives. Someone told me tonight that a few years ago she opted for a less effective surgery because it was outpatient and she didn't want her husband spending the night with his mistress. I think in a situation like that, we should teach people to take care of themselves and anyone who would jeopardize that should be edited out of their lives. It's for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment