Sunday, October 29, 2017

Clone Wars

So I'm playing a new game called Guns and Magic. I started it because KK:H was doing a promo where you could get Kstars if you played it for a while. I figured I could endure it for 40 levels and then leave. The thing is, I started liking the game. Now I like it a lot. I'm not sure what the plot of it is actually. The plot doesn't make a lot of sense. I have my own ideas about the plot just based on the various activities we do every day and the repeating graphics.

See, everyone has a choice between a male or female hero character. Unless you stupid a stupid amount of actual money, everyone's characters look the same. You either have a blonde man with no shirt or a white-haired woman with lots of cleavage. He has a massive sword (no pun intended) and she has a massive gun. They travel with three support characters who change over time, but still always look alike.  You fight enemies who look both like your support characters and some various other (though limited) character types.

The backgrounds are beautiful, but they're also all broken. You travel over broken bridges or strange areas where ships are filled in with dirt like an ocean disappeared and all the ships that were sunk at the ocean floor just filled in as winds blew dirt into them. The two cities, Liberty Port and the city of the elves, are both located high in the sky and surrounded by airships.

So this is my theory. This is what remains of a broken world. Someone found a program for making clones and while this program could make an unlimited number of clones, the variety of said clones was quite small. Over time, these clones forgot they'd been cloned and believed themselves to be various races. Now they all fight with each other. The blonde and white-haired humans who live in Liberty Port have a shaky alliance with the elves, but only as long as they are fighting the pirates (who attack every day) or the robots (no one knows why they attack). However, there are some humans and elves who have been corrupted and work for the side of evil, that's why sometimes you will face an enemy who looks exactly like one of the people in your party.

I'm sure that's not the case at all, but it's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment