Monday, January 1, 2018

2018

It was super cold last night, so cold that one of the stray cats decided it was better to stay inside with us and sleep on my roommate's clothes. She left again this morning, but was back by the time we got home. She might become an indoor cat but we're not sure yet. There is an old Irish proverb, "It is in the shelter of others that people live." My roommate extends this to not just people, but all living things. One of his wishes for the new year was that people take care of the strays, and not just the animal ones. I hope that we all do.

Do I have goals for this year? Dude, just survival, I swear! My 40s have been kind of like falling down a hill and hitting every bump along the way. I'm kind of running on nothing right now and hoping just to survive the year with no more deaths of me or mine. I am literally terrified at the start of the new year because so many bad things have happened during this time for so many years in a row. I just need some good stuff to happen so I can feel secure enough to do stuff like setting goals.

Goals are a privilege. One I hope to have again at some point, yes, but not one I have right now. Let's just hope 2018 is an okay year where my luck runs more good than bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment