Sunday, August 12, 2018

Dread

A week from tomorrow, I have to go to Tulsa. I am completely and utterly unhappy about this. I'm going to try my best not to let this ruin my week, but given that I'm also fighting a pretty intense bout of depression, I'm not sure how that will go.

I have skills to deal with my depression. I know how to recognize it and how to try and talk myself out of the Dark Places. But that gets tiring and when you really have nothing to hope for or look forward to, it's damned near exhausting.

See, that's why the wheelchair is needed. With that level of added mobility, I WILL have a chance to do more things, look forward to stuff, not just DREAD every possible activity. The wheelchair isn't about me trying to find a new level of lazy. It's about me trying to find a way to survive.

It's to the point where I need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment