Thursday, January 17, 2019

Baskets

My roommate found some old baskets we've had since the last place we lived. He asked me if I could use them and showed me how they could fit into a cubby on my shelf. I didn't think they could, but my spacial sense is wonky. Anyway, I switched things around from what I was using to those baskets and it made everything so much better.

My best friend asked me tonight how the organizing was going. I told her it was slow, but what we'd changed continued to maintain integrity, which is always an important part of any organization project. If things just go back to being a big mess, you really accomplished nothing. In this case, things are actually working better.

I'm also happy that we're using things we already had instead of buying more. Now, the caveat here is that I do have two new storage items (the one under my monitor and my side table), but both of those were gifts and not things I bought myself. The only purchases we've made involved buying a new faucet set for the kitchen, but that is more of a house maintenance issue than part of the organization. It makes the house better, but it wasn't part of the plan.

Mind you, plumbing rarely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment