Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Impostor Syndrome

In my knitting group, someone posted a pic of their working ten stitch blanket and invited others to do the same. I didn't post mine, though I had this delightful urge to. I stopped myself and I wish I hadn't, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to make myself do it.

See, as much as I love my yarn groups and support the people who post their work, I have never posted my own. I get super shy about it or just make excuses like how my camera isn't that good or this is just a throwaway project to use up yarn. The truth is though, I never feel like my work ranks with the groups.

I mean, it isn't that good, but that shouldn't matter. My work doesn't have to be beautiful or perfect. That isn't even ever the POINT of what I'm doing. But still, I shy away posting t the groups, even though I'll even post on my own page.

Stupid impostor syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment