Tuesday, January 1, 2019

NYD

I ate my blackeyed peas today. I knitted. I did some reorganizing in my room and in my area of the living room. I napped. I talked to my roommate. I worried about a very ill friend. I gave comfort to the cats.

I also found out about a neat project that a lot of people who work in yarn arts start on New Year's Day. It's called a Temperature Blanket. You can read about it here. I can't start this year, as I have other projects, but next year I may try to do it.

Five years ago, I stated that I wanted my new year to be one of purging and ended up almost bleeding to death from my uterus and then had to have it removed. Ever since then, I've been careful about how I phrase things on New Year's Day.

With that in mind, I want this year to be one where I savor things. I want to really love my cats and love my art. I want to laugh and nuzzle and spin stories to entertain others. I want to make lots of good decisions that lead to good results.

I also want to get through my stash of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment