Monday, August 30, 2021

Clarity

In the process of trying to change my mental picture about how I approach food, I'm trying affirmations. I've never done them before and quite frankly as it's clear my fitness failures stem from mental blocks, this seems like a good place (one of the many I'm exploring) to try and change things.

One of the affirmations is as follows:

I have clarity about my fitness goals.

This one really stood out to me. I think I've had VAGUE and abstract and handwavey ideas about my fitness goals before, but never actual clarity. Like, right now, I can tell you at least three goals concerning my fitness that I try to achieve every day. They're small things, but they do exist and on most days I make them happen. 

When I started this, I looked for something I actually COULD do successfully. I settled on college. I made that happen. I remember college worked because it was a series of clear and achievable goals. There was the large goal of 'Get the Degree,' but then smaller goals like 'complete  the semester' or 'work on that paper.' 

Right now, my goals involve movement, better eating, and a daily evaluation of my thoughts about this process. In a few months, I think there will be more things happening in terms of the mental part of this, but right now, my focus is on accomplishing these three things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment