Sunday, August 29, 2021

The Thing Holding You

Last night I talked about how you shouldn't be lead by anger, fear, and sadness. I want to clarify a couple of points. 

First of all, sometimes you WILL be lead by these emotions. There will be times when they will be all you CAN feel because the situation warrants it. Sometimes things happen and your grief or anger or fear will become a part of you that never really goes away. I am aware of this. I have parts of me that are marked by these things. 

However, if you can (and I realize sometimes this is a complex process), you should try other things as well. You deserve MORE in life than just being angry or hurt or scared. You deserve happiness too. You deserve contentment. You deserve joy.

And again, I'm not saying you should force those positive elements. The thing is though, often when we are lead by anger or fear or sadness, we don't really let other emotions filter into our awareness. Even in situations where we could feel happiness, we don't. Sometimes even when we should feel anger or sadness, we don't. 

And sometimes there are chemical imbalances that cause this. It's certainly something you should explore. It's something I explored and I'm glad I did. I learned a lot about how to manage myself. I get to feel happy now and I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment