Friday, August 20, 2021

The Step Before

They say you need to love yourself and I don't disagree. I think loving yourself helps you a lot in the path of life. Do I love myself. 

Sometimes. 

Love is complicated, you know? 

I think there is a step before loving yourself and that step is where I'm trying to be right now. I think before you can love yourself, you need to know who you are. I think loving yourself requires you being honest with yourself. It requires you to see the truth of the person you are and finding the patience to accept that person, nourish that person, and enjoy that person. 

I think a lot of the time people, me included, think that 'loving yourself' means just one time saying you do. But it's more than that. Loving yourself is a process. It requires analysis and realistic consideration balanced by gentleness and forbearance. 

Sometimes loving yourself means admitting you just won't be able to accomplish something and accepting that. Sometimes loving yourself means you CAN accomplish something but it's going to take the rest of your life to make that happen. 

Sometimes loving yourself is just getting enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment