Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Country Drive

My roommate's van wasn't being driven enough, so we've started a thing on Wednesdays where we take the van out for a drive in the afternoon. We're never out for long, mostly we just make a circle through the various backroads around us and look at people's land. 

I find that I look forward to this trip. With Covid going on, and let's face it, even before then, I wasn't much for outside-of-the-house activities. The occasional visit with a friend or maybe seeing my family members was about the extent of things for me. In the last year, for quite a while, that more or less stopped.

So this little drive around the backroads is a lot of fun for me. I get to look at nature (good) without having to BE in nature (for me, bad) and it revives a little bit of my soul substance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment