Saturday, August 7, 2021

Saturday Reflections

Today I mentally spent some time assessing where I am in my current goals. Things could be better, but the fact that I'm still pushing forward is progress for me. 

CountraPoints put out a video about envy. It's very thought-provoking. Envy is something I've always struggled with. I find that maturity helps me to grasp that, but it's still difficult. Recognizing envy in yourself isn't easy because there is a lot of shame and embarrassment connected to it. No one wants to admit they're envious of others. 

However, I think accepting the emotion for what it is and analyzing it as such will help me to keep the envy from festering into something worse. A lot of people start with envy and end up doing some horrible things to themselves and others. 

There are a lot of things I want to shed. Envy is one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment