Friday, August 6, 2021

Family Stuff

My father's father was a selfish and thoughtless man. I know you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but I also don't think you should lie about them either. He was selfish and considered no one else when he made decisions. 

Three years after my grandfather's death, my father is still dealing with the consequences of this. It's frustrating and annoying. It's costing him money, time, and goodwill. 

My grandfather lied to my dad. He told him the farm was his when he died. He said this because he wanted my father physically invested in doing stuff at the farm. My dad would drive down there and fix fences and chop down trees and other bullshit, thinking it was an investment toward his future. It wasn't. 

My grandfather should have been honest and just said "look I can't do this thing, can you help me?" or better yet, he could have HIRED someone to do it. But no, he had to pull some scam on my dad. Mind you, this is the same man who used to take my dad to his (my grandfather's) favorite fish buffet place for his birthday. My dad is a vegetarian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment