Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Brain Experiments

I've been watching a DMT simulation for the last couple of days. I can never really handle it for more than 15 minutes because the motion starts to get to me. That might change. I hope it does, honestly. I find the simulation interesting.

The creator said they were trying to get as close to the actual experience as they could. The audio is a lot of random noises and non-sequesters. There is an industrial element to it, but only somewhat. One of the things I find fascinating about DMT sims is how things are never QUITE fully there. I assume that is to add to the effect, this sense of your mind never really wrapping itself around what is happening.

The visuals on this video work in that way as well. You never see them for too long......just long enough for it to make an impression. Some of them are beautiful. Some of them are really terrifying in their alieness. Some of them feel like they're on the edge of being comprehensible and your brain starts trying to make sense of them. Some feel like things you think you MIGHT have seen before. All of that just comes in this rush and you never really stay on one emotion or response long enough for it to become a full picture. 

All of this appeals to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment