Tuesday, September 7, 2021

The Worst News

Someone I love has Covid. 

He couldn't get the shot because his family is conservative and refuse to vax for whatever reasons those people have. Most of the intelligent conservatives I know still got vaccinated. But not this kid's parents.

I'm frustrated and angry. I'm scared. He tells me he's going to be fine, all the while making very little sense as we talked. He tells me doesn't feel anything one minute but then admits it's been horrible the next. I'm not sure if he's downplaying it because he's scared or if he's downplaying it because he's embarrassed. 

I can't believe I live in a world where people refuse to get lifesaving medication for their children. I can't believe I live in a world where political and propaganda leaders have convinced their own followers to die if it means the opposition looks bad. 

I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment