Friday, September 17, 2021

Nourishment

Today I saw quite a few articles and videos and comments by people that I ignored. I'm not trying to brag here so much as explain why. I've probably talked about this before but I think it needs repeating.

Our diet is not just what we eat. It involves all the things we bring into our being. It includes what news we allow, what people we allow, what comments we choose to read.  Like food, all of this fills us. Like food, all of this has an effect on us. If we listen to stories that make us unhappy or angry, if we read the posts of people we know will outrage us, if we talk to those who constantly drain us, we are doing a disservice to ourselves.

I'm not saying ignore the world. I'm not saying to never face anything that is difficult. I'm saying that if you dwell in negativity, you will have nothing but negativity. Life is going to throw enough of that at you anyway. Don't go looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment